- develop their own attitudes to a pluralistic society
- fulfil their own potential
- achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum
- develop enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity
- be motivated, enthusiastic learners
- demonstrate independence and self-discipline
- be able to work collaboratively and as part of a team
- have high self-esteem, respecting themselves, others and the environment
- become responsible citizens of the future
Modern Life in Britain
The Prevent Strategy, defines the British values. These are key to allowing everybody to participate and contribute positively to our society. These values are:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs
Every child and adult within our academy community personally contributes towards a happy and caring environment. We’ll show respect for, and appreciation of, each other as individuals. We acknowledge the complexity of British society, seeking to emphasise the common elements and values of our diverse heritages.
We equip children with an awareness of an increasingly diverse society and of presenting the world as it is and how we would like it to be. Children will:
Our curriculum, theme days, assemblies and displays support our children in the following four areas of learning:
Learning to know: to provide the cognitive tools required to better comprehend the world and its complexities, and to provide an appropriate and adequate foundation for future learning.
Learning to do: to provide the skills that would enable individuals to effectively participate in the global economy and society.
Learning to be: to provide self analytical and social skills to enable individuals to develop to their fullest potential psycho-socially, affectively as well as physically, for an all-round ‘complete person.
Learning to live together: to expose individuals to the values implicit within human rights, democratic principles, intercultural understanding and respect and peace at all levels of society and human relationships to enable individuals and societies to live in peace and harmony.
British Values across our Curriculum
The Educate Against Hate website contains lots of useful information.